Emma Dean is a Brisbane/Meanjin-based creative coach, musician, writer, composer, arranger, dreamer and choir mama.
As a musician, Emma Dean is passionate about the magical world where music and storytelling collide. She has a long list of accolades, including albums, soundtracks, lead roles in theatre shows, touring around Australia and internationally, and sharing the stage with well known artists. Emma has also written and arranged music for the Emmy Award winning kid’s TV show Bluey and is currently music director for Rainbow Bop – an all-girl puppet band for kids.
In this conversation, Emma and I discussed:
- Why her big dream of being a pop star and becoming Taylor Hanson's wife led to rock bottom moments in her life
- How Emma met her partner, their journey to becoming parents and how sharing her story of grief, loss and fertility created so much connection with her community
- The healing power of creativity, why Emma chose to become a coach, and what it was like to be supported by a coach while she was studying, starting a new area of her business and going through a difficult pregnancy
- What life looks like now for Emma as a mother of twins, rewriting the stories of how creativity fits into motherhood and the support networks required to get work done in limited timeframes
- The importance of listening to what truly makes us happy and ditching the comparisonitis
Emma firmly believes that we all have a creative spark in us and, as a creative coach, she works with women who are embarking on empowering and transformative creative projects, big or small.
You can connect with Emma and find out more about her services through her website, via Instagram and Facebook.
"Comparison is the thief of joy.” ~ Theodore Roosevelt
Also mentioned in this episode:
I'd love you to join The Light Seekers' Lounge Facebook group and continue the conversation! Click on this link to join: https://facebook.com/groups/mummalovelounge
Listen to the Mummalove Mix tape on Spotify.
You can also find me on Instagram @annielove.coach